TAPAS FOR TWO

Feb 14th, 2013

    So here is an idea for a romantic and intimate tapas dinner for you and your loved one.  For the menu I chose 4 different tapas that I prepared ahead of time so it all could be served at the same time.  Here is what it looked like.
 
 
Pin It 

    I included Cocktail de Gambas (Shrimp cocktail),  Tartaletas variadas (Tartlets), Kumatoes with Marinated Mozzarella, and Gambas con Jamón Serrano (Shrimp wrapped in Serrano ham).   We paired the dinner with a sparkling white wine and finished with fresh strawberries and chocolate brownies for dessert.  It was a perfect evening!

 
    It took me about 2 hours to prepare everything.  I could have saved some time if I had bought store-made mini pies.  If you decide to do it all from scratch like I did (except for making my own Phyllo dough), you should start preparing the mini pies first, then the shrimp cocktail and kumatoes and finally the shrimp rapped in Serrano Ham.  Since some of the tapas require marinating time, make sure you get those started first!

2 comments:

  1. Cooking with Adela!!!! Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepa, you know you'll always have a place in my table!!

    ReplyDelete